1st New Mexico Bank, Wild Wild West Rodeo June 8, 9 & 10, 2023
This open rodeo is hosted by the Southwest Horseman’s Assoc with Casper Baca Rodeo Co.
Tickets go on sale in June. They will be $10 in advance, and $15 at the gate.
- Circle Heart Western Wear – 2640 Highway 180 East, Silver City
- Country Girls Nursery – 1950 Highway 180 East, Silver City
Gates open Thursday, Friday and Saturday at at 5:30 pm and the rodeo performance gets underway at 7 pm each night.
Ride the Corre Caminos bus from the Grant County Conference Center, located next to Ace Hardware, for $2 each way. Call 575-388-3180 for more information.
Rodeo entries by Casper Baca Rodeo Company @ 505-966-6735.
Mutton Bustin’ sign up is in person at Circle Heart Western Wear during rodeo week. See rules in the Q/A below.
Rodeo dance will be held at the Historic Hanover Outpost. Call 575-313-6799 for details.
The Wild Wild West Rodeo is pleased to announce that Trick Roper, Charro, Daniel Castro will be back in the arena in 2022. Read more about Daniel here.
Entertainer Shawn Stutzman will be our barrelman and rodeo clown. Read more about Stutzy here.
Get Ready for a wild ride with Casper Baca Rodeo Company!
Title Sponsor: 1st New Mexico Bank of Silver City
Nightly Sponsors: Freeport McMoRan, Snappy Mart, The Brown Boys at Werner Tire and First Financial Credit Union
- Bareback Riding – Zia Access
- Team Roping – James Hamilton Construction
- Saddle Bronc – Levitt Group
- Tie Down Roping – Arenas Valley Animal Clinic
- Barrel Racing – In & Out Lube
- Bull Riding – Hatch Auto Group
- Exceptional Rodeo – Humphrey’s Enterprise
- Calf Scramble – KNFT Radio
- Mutton Bustin’ – Circle Heart Western Wear
Our Rodeo Sponsorships range from an arena sign sponsorship that includes box seating for both nights of the rodeo at $500 to $800. To bucking chute and event sponsorships at $1200 to $1500. And performance sponsorships at $1700 to $5000. We do have a few sponsorships available at this time.
- For SHA information contact Julie Moore 575-313-6050
- For RODEO information contact JoAnn Miller at 575-544-5120
- For RODEO vendor information contact PD Wilkerson at 575-519-8670
- For media relations contact Kim Clark 575-574-2629
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Q: How do I enter the rodeo? A: Our rodeo is an open rodeo. Enter with Casper Baca Rodeo Co at 505-966-6735.
- Q: Any special rodeo ground rules. A: Yes, the arena gate will be closed during each Barrel Racing run.
- Q: How can I volunteer? A: We would love to have you as a volunteer for our rodeo. We need ticket takers, folks to help clean up, runners, etc. These are non-paid positions. However, for a job well done, with multiple hours contributed, you will get a free ticket to the rodeo.
- Q: Do I have to purchase a ticket for my infant? A: We don’t have a hard and fast rule for this. Per the rodeo chairman, “If they are 5 and younger, and will be sitting in a seat they need a ticket, if they will be sitting on your lap, no ticket needed.”
- Q: How do I become a vendor? A: We ensure that we have a variety of vendors; no one selling the same thing. We have events happening starting on Friday through Saturday. The charge is $250 – $350 for the week. Contact P.D. Wilkerson at 575-519-8670.
- Q: How do I enter my child in the Mutton Busting? A: Sign up location will be Circle Heart Western Wear. There are only 15 slots per night. Parents must sign a waiver, in person, to enter their child. Rules are handed out when registered.
- Q: Can I purchase my rodeo tickets with a credit card? A: T.B.D.
- Q: What do I need to know to take photographs at the rodeo? A: You may take photographs for your OWN PERSONAL USE.
- Q: How do I get box seating? A: Box seating for the week comes with a sponsor package purchase. These sponsor packages start at $600, most packages average $1,000 -$1,500 (event and nightly sponsorships).
For additional information contact our Rodeo Chairman, JoAnn Miller at 575-544-5120. We look forward to seeing you at the Rodeo!